Monday, August 4, 2008

3..."Duh, I want to pet the rabbit, George."

Over the weekend Liz and I watched a couple of movies. So, now it is time for Movie Review Monday. The first film we watched was Bandidas. If you do not know this one, it is the Western with Selma Hayek and Penelope Cruz. The movie's weak story and overuse of cheesy Spanish music almost make it intolerable to watch. However, cat fights between Selma and Penelope kept me interested just enough for Steve Zahn to make it into the film, at which point we get the best scene of the whole project: A Mexican Midget taking photos of a naked Steve Zahn while Penelope and Selma pose provocatively wearing skimpy showtune attire. All in all it is worth seeing, but would be much better to see this one with Chris.

The next film we watched was Lucky Number Slevin. It starts off strange and confusing, with a lot of bloodshed where we did not know who was dying or why they were dying. As the film reveals what is going on the story gets more interesting. Morgan Freeman and Sir Ben Kingsley are great, and Josh Hartnett is not bad either. The ending makes the movie worthwhile. You will not need Chris to watch this one. It is worth seeing.
The final movie of the weekend was Superhero Movie. Liz and I made it 25 minutes into the thing before we decided laundry was a more interesting way to spend our time. Not sure I could have watched this even if Chris was there, and I was able to watch The Gingerdead Man with Chris. My offical word, do not see.

I have been watching Belle for the last week and discovered something interesting. She is the first animal, or inanimate object, I have not assigned the voice of an old, African American man. Instead, she clucks like Goofy, and speaks like the Abominable Snowman in the Bugs Bunny cartoon. "Just what I always wanted, my own little bunny rabbit. I will name him George and I will hug him and squeeze him and pet him..."




2 comments:

Courtney said...

I liked Lucky Number Slevin alot.. anything with Ben Kingsley is usually worth seeing. (if you haven't seen House of Sand and Fog you should watch it as soon as humanly possible)I know Michael has told you this but you guys really really need to start watching The Wire. The last season comes out on DVD next week so you can watch the whole series. I'm just sayin'...

Michael Dugat said...

Also, that character from Looney Toons was truly greatness.