Several summers ago Craig and I shot a documentary on Cody. In it he discusses with Craig how much he wants to go to college and how he wants to take a girl to get a burger and see a movie. I am proud of Cody for graduating high school and going to college, and I look forward to cataloging his experiences for you guys. So, if you see Cody be sure to wish him luck. If you do not see him, just know that for the next few years he will be in college. Let's hope he does not meet a Billy Bible or a Sambo.
Superstar Showdown:
We have another superstar showdown this week. Between these two classic stars, tell me your thoughts on who had the largest effect on your development as a person. For me, the answer is not a simple one. Both had their place in my life and both did excellent jobs of entertaining me. However, for the superstar showdown I must choose between...

Bobcat
and

Ernest
...and I choose Ernest. Bobcat had too many movies where he and his crappy voice annoyed me beyond the point of enjoyment. Ernest, though his naivete and gullability are equally annoying, he had a boyish charm and the ability to make funny faces that never failed to entertain. He was also good at talking to the camera and calling me Verne, which I always appreciated. Bobcat was once the voice of a talking Donkey (or was it a mule?), and that movie almost killed me.
Who wins for you? Go to http://playingostrich.blogspot.com
to post your comments.
3 comments:
Chris pointed out an error in my superstar showdown that people need to be aware of. Bobcat was not the actual voice of the horse in Hot to Trot. He was the star of that film. So, I must apologize to Bobcat for unfair representation.
It would be quite unfair to discriminate against Bobcat even if he had, in fact, played a donkey or horse, because some of your favorite movies are the "Shrek" series, in which Eddie Murphy plays the lovable ass Donkey. Hypocrite!
Animated talking donkeys are much different than live action talking donkeys that sound like Bobcat.
Post a Comment