I started writing full time nearly nine months ago. I'm in the third trimester and have learned a lot about writing and myself. With my first novel, the most difficult part of the process was revision and editing. I'm not detail oriented in general, and combing through line after line of text I just wrote proved to be more difficult than I imagined.
I am nearly done with my second novel. THANKFULLY, editing for the second novel has been MUCH easier. I don't know the exact cause, but I feel it is probably due to a combination of factors. I am getting slightly better at writing, so there are fewer areas of the novel that need complete overhauls. I think I am getting better at reading my work critically. The improved attitude allows me to comb through the text with less frustration. And I think it's possible that I simply like this book better.
If you are like me and have trouble with editing and revision, then you will be happy to know that it DOES get easier. Keep pushing on and don't let this essential part of the writing process be the reason you do not finish projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment