Wednesday, September 17, 2008

#20 BBQ Sauce...

I visit the McDonald's by my house for snack wraps whenever possible. I order the Crispy Ranch snack wrap and ask for 2 sides of Chipotle BBQ sauce. The to go person at this McDonald's never knows where the BBQ sauce is located. Incidentally, I do. It is above their head just to the right of the window. I guess they do not get enough people asking for the sauce, so they are not comfortable finding it.

Anyway, the other day I went through the drive through and when I asked for the Chiptotle BBQ sauce the guy looked at me as if I were speaking another language. He said, "2 sides of what?" I repeated, "Chipotle BBQ sauce." "What?" he repeated.

Apparently I mispronounced the name. I called it Chipolte BBQ when he was accustomed to calling it Chipot-LE BBQ. In a smug voice he said, "Ohhhhh!, Chipot-LE BBQ sauce. I see what you want now." And then he looked around the register and among the condiments for the sauce and could not find it. He had to get the manager, who promptly reached above the window to the right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're an ass, but this was funny!

Anonymous said...

Hardy,

In this instance the guy was correct. It is spelled chipotle and is pronounced chi pote lay

not chi pole tay. Outwitted by a drivethru guy, must feel bad.

chi-poht-ley from dictionary.com

Alexander Mori said...

Sucks to be outwitted by the drivethrough guy...