Got me thinking about the Villain. There have been some awesome villains over the years that have really transformed what might have been an ordinary project into a Bad Ass project that cannot be missed! Following is a list of villains any writer should aspire to. (Disclaimer: these were listed here on the spot without research or considerable thought. If I have missed one or given something here too much credit, by all means let me know in the comments!)
- Darth Vader - No surprise here. I grew up fearing/loving/idolizing this cat. If there are other villain lists out there, I am sure he is in the top of all of them, as he should be.
- The Joker (Heath Ledger version) - Again, no surprise here. I almost can't watch the other Batman movies because none of them do or ever will measure up to the bar Heath set with his rendition of the Joker. Perhaps the best Villain of all time belongs right here.
- G'Mork (The wolf in The Neverending Story) - I worried that I would be going slightly obscure here. I loved this movie as a kid and G'Mork frightened me. Was often in my nightmares, if I could even fall asleep after watching this movie. The special effects are slightly dated, but love this movie!
- The Butcher (Gangs of New York) - Daniel Day Lewis. That's all that needs to be said here.
- Blue Duck (Lonesome Dove) - The tv miniseries was very well done in pretty much all aspects. However, Blue Duck was actually much better in the book than in the TV show. Was slightly too cheesy for me on TV. Still, an awesome villain that Gus and Captain Call couldn't quite catch up with.
- Edward The Longshanks (Braveheart) - Braveheart is probably my favorite movie (if I am forced to choose one) and Edward The Longshanks is a remarkable character. Cruel and effective, truly someone to hate! I mean, he instituted Prima Nocte for Pete's sake. Who does that?
- Lois Einhorn (Ace Ventura) - Do I even need to describe why Lois Einhorn rocked? If I have to, that means you must see the movie. Stop reading this and go see that movie!
2 comments:
Amon Goeth from "Schindler's List" is one of the best-acted, worst-person-ever villains, and Walter White from "Breaking Bad" is another excellent villain. I'm surprised you didn't include Lord Voldemort. He's everything a master villain should be!
Amon is a bad ass villain! One of my favorites, and I am sad I forgot about him.
Yet another is Hans Gruber. "Now I have a machine gun. Ho Ho Ho"
Post a Comment