As an indie published writer, it is
important to me that people buy and use ereaders like the Kindle or the
Nook. When I talk at social
engagements about my writing and my upcoming novels, I often ask if the people
I am speaking to have ereaders.
Most of the time I get “Yes!”
Sometimes I get “No.”
I got “No” this weekend when I went home
to visit my family. My dad does
not have an ereader and still doesn’t understand how come he cannot read my
book. He almost didn’t believe
that I actually published my first novel.
So I went to the store and bought him the Kindle Paperwhite (which is
the best ereader in my opinion).
I took it home, charged it, synced it with
his Amazon account and bought his first digital book. Of course it was Exchange Day! He was so excited to see my book on his new Kindle that he
started reading it right there in front of me. After a few minutes he said, “You know, it is actually
easier to read on this thing than holding an actual book!”
Another convert. Another member of the eBook Revolution. I am happy to support the cause one
person at a time. So to wrap this
up, if you do not have an ereader, go to the internets and buy one! ASAP! And then buy Exchange Day. It is REALLY good!
No comments:
Post a Comment