Thursday, April 24, 2014

#162 Momentum v. Variety

Book 2 of my upcoming series is going through my process, which gives me some time to consider what project to start thinking about now.  So here is my dilemma.  I've been writing on one story for the last 7 months.  It is coming along nicely, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly.  My work has gained momentum, which allowed me to hammer out book 2 in just over 7 weeks.  However, a new story idea came to me in January, and I spent time organizing an outline.  The story is interesting and completely different from what I've been working on.

Should I continue with the story I've been writing, ensuring that I ride the wave until it crashes onshore?  Or should I change things up, bring in a fresh story with a fresh voice, so that when I return to Book 3 of the series, it will be something I've missed and am eager to once again pursue?

Or, am I overthinking this?  Perhaps it doesn't matter, as both stories will be written before this year is up...

No comments: