Tuesday, August 20, 2013

#135 Weird Things


Some weird things about me that I cannot completely explain:

  • I am addicted to dark chocolate.  I think about it randomly and then have to find some.  
  • Not sure that I have "a type" when it comes to girls.  I like them all!  I have not dated anyone taller than me, though this is not from a lack of trying.
  • I feel the most proud of myself when I do something nice for someone else.  Ironically, I do not go out of my way to do nice things for people all that often.  
  • I am at my best when "an urgent fire" needs to be put out at work.  I can oftentimes get mired in the day to day routine of any job I have.  Perhaps I should be a 911 operator, though I am terrible at answering the phone.
  • I talked to L. last night about scheduling an entire Saturday night for drinking and cleaning/organizing all the old records I have.  Sounds like a chore and a beating to everyone else, but to me sounds like an awesome Saturday night.
  • I buy certain things in bulk (and by bulk I mean crazy bulk) because I cannot risk having 1 instance where I do not have that item. 
    • BBQ Sauce (2 large bottles and 5 small bottles currently at the house)
    • Toilet Paper (Each bathroom has 12-15 extra rolls with an unopened container of 36 rolls in the garage).  I will NOT run out of toilet paper and scramble through tissues/paper towels to get by.  
    • Mrs Renfro's Spicy Habanero Salsa (1 in fridge and 3 in the cupboard)
    • Dark Chocoalte (boxes of different flavors and brands)
    • Japanese Rice (I do not buy this, but my aunt in Japan sends me 81 single serving Japanese rice packets per month.  I just gave Cody more than 100 packages)
    • Contact Solution (6 bottles under my sink right now)
    • Body Wash (5-6 bottles in my bathroom cupboard.  I never buy shampoo, just use some that L. no longer likes)
    • Razors (we clean out Target every christmas because they are so cheap)
    • Liquor (Beverage Depot is considerably cheaper than any other place, so I stop by there 2 times a year and stock up)
    • Croutons (have 6 bags at the house right now.  They last for a long time and croutons=salad gold)
    • Cat Litter (I hate buying cat litter for some reason, so I buy 10 large containers 2 times a year) 

1 comment:

LawyerLiz said...

My darling husband is forgetting the other things we buy in bulk:
-Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. It's everything from a meal to a side to a snack to the only food I'll eat when I'm sick.
-Ranch Style brand Black Beans. At least twice a week, we have black bean tacos.
-Rotel, see black bean tacos above.
-Ranch Style Beans. No explanation needed.
-Canned Tomato Sauce. I'm Italian, and no week is complete without at least one, if not two, meals of pasta and marinara sauce.
-Frozen Artichoke Hearts. I put them in everything!
-Canned Sliced Mushrooms. I put them in everything!
-Black Olives. No salad is complete without them.
**Shoes. Every girl needs a different shoe for each day of the week! :)