Friday, October 10, 2008

#24 Sicko

L. and I watched Sicko last night. I know many of you do not like Michael Moore because he is overly anti-republican and can be somewhat of an ass. And I know you guys are skeptical of documentaries in general because the filmmaker has the ability to tailor the facts to fit an agenda. However, Sicko is worth watching. It may not be 100% accurate about everything, but it certainly brings up some interesting points and follows a couple of compeling stories. The documentary opened my eyes and forced me to think about aspects of our system of life that I had not done before.

Afterward, be careful about bringing it up to me because it is possible that I talk your ear off. So watch it and think to yourself, unless you feel like hearing me on my soapbox. If that is the case, just tell me you disagree with our country's need for some form of universal medicine.

On another note, it has been awhile since I have done a superstar showdown. I have an important one for you this week. I want to know which of the two 80's swimsuuit models had more influence on you when you were growing up. This is a tough matchup because there really is no wrong answer.

We have Kathy Ireland v. Elle MacPherson



Versus



I have thought about this matchup for the last couple of weeks without being able to make a firm decision. I just like both of these girls so much and both had much influence on my growth as a young person, that I cannot bear to call one of them a loser. But since the rules of the Superstar Showdown require that I choose, I must choose Kathy Ireland.

Her many appearances on the cover of Sports Illustrated solidified in my mind the superior beauty of women, and caused me to thank god many times for being a boy. She single handedly made sure that my subscription to SI was annually renewed. And I credit her for my love of bikinis, because I am pretty sure it is because of her I like to see L. in a bathing suit even to this day.

And Elle, even though you lost, I will leave you with one positive note. Of all the swimsuit models of the 80's, you wore the topless bikini the best, and I will never forget you for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you all now know, and don't you ever forget, that I look like Kathy Ireland in a bikini. I guess that's good because she still seems to turn my husband on, even though she's like 90 or something.

Craig said...

So your saying that she single handedly helped you grow many times during your youth... While screaming at the top of your lungs " Thank God Im a Boy "